This was the worst sound of the 1990s.
Reblog if you remember.
In journalism school, you’re taught to look at a whole layout, to see how everything does or does not work together. Here are some reasons why they teach you that.
Because of the weight of the ends of the forks, and how they’re distributed behind the penny (closer to the glass), the center of gravity of the whole system is actually shifted quite significantly. If I’m right, it would actually have to be right where the penny meets the glass. This mean, in a sense, all the “weight” of the system of the forks and penny is resting right on that point, rather than out in the air, so if you balance it, it’ll be stable on the glass.
The difference between Science and Engineering.
Ad an engineer, I can confirm that this is, in fact, the difference between science and engineering.
hot topic has reached new levels of trash
hussie will NOT be happy with this.
Hi guys! Remember that huge fucking design contest from April? Well Hot Topic was one of the guest judges, and they got to pick a design to have in their stores. This is completely approved!! So please shut the fuck up and do your research!! Thanks!!!!
Get The Sims 2: Ultimate collection for FREE!!!!
Simply go to “Redeem product code” in Origin and enter: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
It is for 1 week only, so hurry!
its downloading right now! Is it just the base game or the whole thing?
In case anyone is interested…
i just tried it and it’s legit. ultimate collection is sims 2 + ALL expansions + ALL stuff packs. get it while it’s hot!!
Would someone from the Gintama fandom please step up and help me explain? No? Okay here goes nothing:
The description goes somewhat along the lines of “a silver-haired samurai who works an Odd Jobs business, accompanied by the ever-vibrant Kagura and Shimura Shinpachi. In a world where Amanto (aliens) have integrated their lives on Earth with humans, Gintoki is the ‘last of his kind, the true samurai’…”
…or so they say.
WHAT GINTAMA ACTUALLY IS:
GINTAMA IS ABOUT NOTHING AND EVERYTHING. IT IS ABOUT EVERY SINGLE KIND OF FRIENDSHIP, LOVE, SADNESS, KINDNESS, PAIN, GUILT, HUMOR, LONGING, AND HAPPINESS OUT THERE.
The first episode (more like the first through third episodes) is hard to get into precisely because Gintama is about NOTHING unless you’ve experienced enough NOTHING to realize that it is EVERYTHING.
I will admit that when I started Gintama, I was more than a little bit bored, rather lost, and completely turned off. But that’s because it starts sort of “in medias res,” in the middle of things. It’s a random snapshot of Yorozuya life and if you’ve watched all of it and read it and you look back that dumb first episode it brings a smile to your face because it’s so Gintama.
It has that Gintama taste.
Okay at this point, it’s like I’m just avoiding the question. But I’m not, trust me.
I will not tell you that you must watch Gintama or that you will love it to bits like I do…
But I will tell you one thing:
The more you watch, you don’t grow fond of Gintama. The simple mannerisms, from “It’s not Zura, it’s Katsura!” to “neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon” are absorbed into your skeptical, somewhat baffled and incredulous half-smile. You can’t really take in Gintama; it takes YOU in. You don’t have Gintama fill a void, nor do you let it take a place in your heart.
Gintama kind of just takes it and throws it down the toilet with no regard to your actual feelings because eventually YOU ARE GINTAMA, TOO.
It has comedy — plenty of inappropriate jokes, dick jokes, celebrity jokes, jokes and puns that even Japanese people don’t understand, straight man jokes — the stupidest humor around…
It has plenty of heroic stories, heartbreaking stories, the kind that tug your soul…from true love to war.
It has every kind of friendship and enough adventures (or not enough) to fill the weird mushy sponge-hole space beyond the fourth wall that Gintama manages to fill up unlike any other.
LONG STORY SHORT
GINTAMA IS SO UNLIKE EVERYTHING ELSE THAT EVEN THE MAIN CHARACTERS DON’T KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON
anon || thanks for asking!
-has a canon genderbend arc
-best running gags
-best fourth wall breaker
-movie revamp of an epic battle arc
-Sakata Gintoki himself
-dick jokes beware
-a popularity poll arc
-a serious underlying plot that gives you feelings
-a dumb alien that is like a redhead edward elric
-modern day issues addressed in classic gintama style
-the characters can actually destroy their own show by taking out the creator, the animators, and the directors
-also: this lovable idiot named Zura— I mean, Katsura!
There’s so much more to say, but who actually read this?!
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
LOOK AT ENGLAND OMG